Saturday

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I had forgotten my meds when I packed so I did not sleep well and I feel grouchy this morning. I have my Coke Zero for breakfast. I need caffeine. After breakfast of Oatmeal with peanut butter and apples, we walk to a widow's home to help harvest her dried corn. Phenise is forty years old and her husband died March 23, 2011. We finished in about an hour and she was overwhelmed. To thank us, she gave us a huge, green squash that she called a pumpkin. Again, the children were there and helped us as well as two other women. One came over to me and when I introduced myself, she said her daughter's name was Jan too. I prayed with her.
We sat with Phenise and the women and children for awhile and really learned a lot. They walk about three miles, six times a day to get water because their well pump is broken. I took more pictures and found a little guy that captured my heart. He is less than two years old and just adoreable. Hard to tell they are malnourished with their pudgy faces and big cheeks.
I feel so itchy and dirty. The kids kept coming to me and saying "Photo me, Jan". So I would take their picture and then show them. We heard a bell and then came the goats. There were three herds, each with a little boy chasing them.
Back to our campsite. It is 11 am and we are ready for naps. All our meals are cooked over an open wood fire since the propane stove we brought was broken. Everyone feels like we are gaining weight daily as we eat a ton of carbs. The flies are awful today even with the breeze.
I forgot that last night withg Pastor Joseph interpretting. he said "caput" which means death in Tonga. We all laughed and told him we have used that term not knowing what it really meant.
At 3 PM we had a worship service with about 20 kids and adults. Lots of singing which we have all learned to love. Kate, Benita and I gave our testimonies. Mine was about when Gary got burned.
At 7 PM we started again with about 80 people. Singing, worship and blessing people. Prayers again for a lot of headaches, bad dreams and stomach pains. SO many comp;lain of seeing bad things at night. I was empowered and prayed for healings. WOW !
We all crashed at 10 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment